Monday, March 3, 2008

Getting Better



I would like to say that things are 100% back to normal, but they aren't quite yet. After my last post, Nathan and Brady were diagnosed with
Bronchiolitis, which is a common illness of the respiratory tract caused by an infection that affects the tiny airways, called the bronchioles, that lead to the lungs. As these airways become inflamed, they swell and fill with mucus, making breathing difficult. That being said, we have been administering 3x daily nebulizer treatments on them, which last 20 minutes a piece. We have been watching a LOT of Sesame Street, because this is the only way they will sit still long enough! We also had another scare, Brady had an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin that he had been taking for his ear infection. He broke out in the worst case of hives I have ever seen, poor thing. This weekend they started acting more like themselves and I am hoping that we can make it until Spring healthy! I also found out how they both started getting so sick, a little girl in their daycare class was diagnosed with Pneumonia and got the entire room sick! Aghhh , you have to love it !



In other news I wanted to send out a special congratulations to Julie Nickerson, she got engaged over the weekend to Jerry! Congrats Jules and Jerry, we are very happy for you!

Nathan


Brady

1 comments:

What's up with the Marstons said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the illness with the boys!! That has to be hard and I DON'T look forward to Aiden getting sick. Take care and I'm praying for a healthy house as soon as possible for you!