Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a two weeks it has been!

I should have seen the writing on the wall. My mother embarked on a two week journey to visit her mother and she will return tomorrow. My parent's, being only 30 minutes away, are usually plan A if Nathan or Brady get sick. I will say Kathy and Ron would be happy to help out too, but it is harder to call them last minute since they are 4 hours away. So last Monday Jon got a call from Sunny Days to come get Nathan, he had a fever and so begins my tale. Poor Nate was diagnosed with double ear infections and at the same time he was and still is cutting 4 teeth. (UGH) ...We ended up having to take three days off from work and during that time Jon got sick. He went to the Doctor's and they said it was viral. This went on for a week for Jon and I am sure the fact that Nathan wasn't sleeping well didn't help in his recovery. Finally a week later Jon went back to the Dr's and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. (That was Saturday) Ron and Kathy came for a visit this past weekend so they could help out on President's Day. That night I got home and Brady felt warm, oh great! We sent him to Sunny Day's and around 2:30 Jon got a call that he had a fever of 104.4. Jon made the trek again and took the kids to the Dr's and now Brady had a double ear infection. Jon took Wed off with the kids and I took off Thursday morning and went into work that night. Well low and behold around 5 pm I started getting the chills and achey at work, oh great! I got home that night and went right to bed with a sore throat and 102.2 fever. The next morning I called in sick to work and proceeded quickly to the Dr's...40 dollars in co-pays later I was diagnosed with Strep Throat. I think this is the first time I have been out of bed in 2 days and I am headed back there right now!

I can only hope that spring is around the corner so we can air the house out and get rid of some germs! Some good news to report, The Cape Boys just beat Freeport and they are headed to the State Finals next week! Go Cape and way to go Jimmy Ray!!


4 comments:

THE BURT FAMILY said...

Oh my goodness Pam! Take it easy and here's hoping everyone is better real soon! You know...you can always call me if you EVER need help. I'm here for ya, girl!

What's up with the Marstons said...

Geez woman! One thing after another huh?? Well, I hope the whole house is feeling better soon. Take Care!

Corey said...

Oh my gosh, Pam! What a mess. I am so sorry to hear that you were ALL struggling. Isn't it a nightmare to manage sick little ones and work- what is a parent to do? We had some issues over the last couple of weeks as well. Walking pitri (sp?) dishes :)
Here's to hoping you all get back on track and feeling much better soon. Oh- name of restaurant in North End= Sarasena's (sp?).

Carrie said...

We were hit too! It was so hard to manage sick parents and a sick baby at the same time. I can't imagine having two sick babies and two sick parents. You are a trooper. I'm glad to hear that you guys are all on the mend. Here's hoping that spring is around the corner!