Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Holidays have arrived!



Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and I feel myself getting very excited! The holidays bring back so many wonderful memories of a cozy house, a loving family, great food, presents (of course) and sitting by a newly decorated tree and just staring with excitement. Now that Jon and I have kids I feel a new sense of excitement! I get to relive all my days via them, I get to see their smiles and how excited they will get for Santa to come to their house. Maybe not this year, but in years to come. We also decided we would decorate outside this year and it turned out great! I am hoping that everyone will take the time to really enjoy these coming weeks with family and friends and try not to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle that these times can bring.

The holidays are about turning off the TV and turning on real conversations.

It's about talking to neighbors one-on-one and not just the waves as you drive to and from work.

Its not ALL about the lights, the wrapping paper, or the hype; it is about being with family and friends and helping others.

I still enjoy the presents and the Santa story, and the parties and the food, but my enjoyment of this time of year has just grown deeper and more important as I've grown up. So to everyone out there, have a wonderful holiday season and take time to really enjoy the meaning of it and not just the materialism.

1 comments:

THE BURT FAMILY said...

You are right on the ball, before thanksgiving even! It looks great now but it should look awesome when there is snow on the ground. Great work!