Monday, June 16, 2008

Family Fun Day and Our PlayDate with Sam and Charlie

The weekends have been quite hectic for me, I am starting to feel like a single mom, kidding Jon, if he ever reads this :>)
Last Thursday-Sunday Jon participated, once again, in the Trek Across Maine!! This was his third year and each year he has more fun and it is a nice "getaway" for him, even though he is biking 60 miles a day.
With that being said, the little men and I were on our own so we headed into Cape Elizabeth to attend Family Fun Day! Aghhh what memories this brings back, I love this event and I will never grow too old to enjoy it, well maybe once Nathan and Brady are 12, the novelty might finally wear off. I just loved watching the reactions on their faces when the parade went by and all the excitement down in the park afterwards!!! We had a blast !

Nathan





Brady







"Don't even think about taking a bite of my sandwich "





This weekend I was on my own again, Jon didn't get a day off. Luckily for me, my parents have been a HUGE help (thank you) and they have watched the boys so I could do some training for my triathalon which is in August. Jess and I biked 13 miles on Saturday and today, Sunday, I went to the pool and swam some laps.

This afternoon the four of us headed over to Jim and Adele's for a play date with their twins, Sam and Charlie!! They were born a couple of days before Nathan and Brady and we were in the Barbara Bush wing at the same time. It was great to see them, catch up and be amazed at how big Sam and Charlie have gotten. I must say, Nate and Brady are still tanks compared to them!!!




Charlie



Sam

Nathan and Sam


Brady, Nathan and Charlie



Adele and Charlie



I also want to brag about my peonies, they are coming in so beautifully this year. I cut some off the bushes and I have been enjoying their beauty and their fragrance!




0 comments: